Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring Artisan Bazaar and Other Exciting Opportunities!


My two favorite helpers. Leo was with dad, but I bet his charisma would have landed me a few sales!

Saturday, March 30th (the day before Easter), I participated in a Spring Artisan Bazaar. I had very high hopes, and the show was limited to chosen vendors, so I felt honored to be a part of this show. I did make some money, but things were a bit slow. It was a glorious day and I think that kept people away, plus, the day before Easter presented  other challenges for getting foot traffic.

I did make some great contacts and was able to get valuable marketing advice from my fellow vendors and shoppers. Two customers recommended the Cedar Mill Farmer's Market. I applied this morning and will keep my fingers crossed. Farmer's markets are so hot in Oregon and I think my soap would be a great fit. Ideally, I would like to participate once a month, to ensure I had adequate time to renew needed stock. I still have a ton of stock left from the show yesterday, so my focus will be on marketing! I plan to get all the supplies needed to ensure success in a Farmer's market situation. Ultimately, I'd like to quit my part time job and make money through this passion!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete