Friday, April 17, 2015

Farmers' Market Season Begins!

Farmers' Market Soap

She sells soap too!

My treat from the market
And so it begins! I have started my farmer's market season. I have now worked 3 Wednesdays at the Tigard Farmers' Market from 3-7 p.m at the Grange. It has been a slow start, but lots of fun. I am gaining confidence setting up shop with baby Rosalie in tow. She has been the perfect selling partner, rarely fussing and always engaging with customers. Plus, she's darn good company.

I also love meeting other vendors. I get a delicious BBQ dinner, beautiful flowers, fresh bread and I can't wait until the fresh produce is ready to be sold!

I will be selling at my community's largest farmers' Market, the Beaverton Farmer's Market, every Saturday, starting May 1st. I am ecstatic for this opportunity and have high hopes. Also, since Beaverton is my hometown, being a part of this market holds a special place in my heart.  My fingers are crossed that this will be a successful market for me.

So far, my biggest seller of the season has been my Farmers' Market soap. Is this good marketing, or is this soap really just that great? It is a new scent for me, Bramble Berry's Kumquat, and I adore it!

When I first started markets and bazaars, I was so anxious and tense about sales. I am finally at the place where I can take a deep breath and relax when sales are slow. I love being content knowing that my product is solid and that when I have a slow day, it isn't because my soap is inferior. I just try to enjoy the slow sales days for what they are: an opportunity to spend alone time with my baby, a chance to chat with fellow vendors and customers, being able to hand pick local goods and support my fellow vendors. It's alwats a good day at the Farmers' Market!!!


1 comment:

  1. Your farmer’s market soap is so lovely. So glad to hear you’re enjoying this lovely time of year =)

    ReplyDelete